CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 25, 2010

One of many ways Americans are different than the Brits

I was watching Cash In The Attic on BBC today (Google it) and the host got ridiculously excited about a wooden box with some metal work on it. It wasn't even that old. Thinking back (I've watched this show more times than I'd like to admit)wooden boxes have been a popular item in other episodes. I can't for the life of me understand the fascination with these things. And don't get me started on their love of boxes made out of silver or tortoise shell. They go craaazy for those, especially if they are miniatures. If that wasn't bad enough, I started thinking about all the figurines that have been on the show...birds, dogs, clowns, rabbits, ladies in party dresses, I could go on but you get the idea. The Brits love figurines! I don't really even know where I'm going with this. Just wanted to share my observations. In summary, the Brits love tiny things, wooden boxes, and replicas of living things.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

god bless the queen.